Saturday, November 20, 2010

one single perfect print...


2 months shooting 
4 days in the darkroom
427 mosquitoe bites
150 sheets of film
4x5" 

and I can now show one single perfect print 
on utterly beautiful fibre-based archival photographic paper,
brought in from the UK as there is none in the whole of the EU that I can find.

I had forgotten how precious this stuff is ...
how much more beautiful the images look than on the regular resin coated plasticised photo paper we are used to.
I had also forgotten how super long it takes to develop , stop bath , rinse, fix and then washing under running water for 45 minutes ...
2  days to dry 
*test proofs take a minimum of 30 minutes before you can turn the lights on and see what it's even looking like..........


then the worry about how to flatten it out after it curls during the drying, not to mention how it darkens up over the course of the 2 days drying ...


tricky

well ...anyway the giant works are hung for the first show 



and 
I have one single beautiful perfect tiny print
laid out to dry, in the darkroom, on a towel in the Accademia delle Belle Arte

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg soo bloody beautiful - seems like yesterday you were planning this escapade, well done Frannie they look gorgeous xxxxx

gr8jewellery said...

They look absolutely amazing! I'm wishing I could hop on a plane and come see them for real!! :)

StaroftheEast said...

They look amazing, Frances!
Wish we could all come to visit you and your amazing trees!

baahar said...

They look amazing !

ZenaZ said...

That looks great!
Wonderful and amazing prints!!!

Erna Price said...

Wow! Soo beautiful, it takes my breath away!xo

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE! I so much wish I could see your pictures in real life!

Morrgan said...

Oh my, all this looks excellent! If only I could be there in person when it opens.

JK said...

OOOOOOOOH, awesome. Congrats Frances to achieve this in this short period of time. I'm in love with those first two photo's you are standing in front of. They are amazing ents.

RitaJC said...

Great work Frances!
Can't believe you are for 2 month in Italy allreday though :D
Would love so much to be at the opening!

Unknown said...

Frances, it is so beautiful! You in front of those magnicficent trees! The size of the photographs is AWESOME! Wish I could be there, wishing you all the best! ;-)

Helen said...

Wow! They are breath takingly beautiful. Make me want to hop inside a dark room right now and print. Best of luck on your show ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...